The Purple Kale Plant is a low-growing plant that is typically grown in small containers. It is an excellent container garden plant because of its versatility and adaptability to space constraints. It can be grown in large planters, raised beds, or containers of any size.
It can be grown outdoors in cold climates or indoors both in the winter and summer months.
The purple kale grows best when planted during the early spring season, but can also be planted in late fall for a winter harvest.
- Soak the seeds in water for 8-12 hours before planting them.
- Plant the seeds about 1/8 inch deep into a good potting soil mixture and water thoroughly with lukewarm water
- Keep the soil moist but not wet, as too much moisture can cause mold or rot
- The plants should be kept in a warm place, such as indoors on a window sill or even outside during the summer months
- It takes approximately 3 weeks to 2 months for the plants to sprout and grow big enough to transplant into your garden