Amaranth is a plant that can be grown in almost any climate. It is a great source of protein and has been used for centuries as a staple food.
- Soak the amaranth seeds in water for 24 hours to soften them.
- Place the soaked amaranth seeds on a wet paper towel and cover them with another wet paper towel.
- Put the paper towels inside a plastic bag and seal it shut with an elastic band or clothespin.
- Keep the bag at room temperature for 2 to 3 days until you see small white roots coming out of the amaranth seed.
- Transplant to pot or ground